Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Workshop Area - aka my HAPPY PLACE

Below is the "wall" that I built using a variety of storage frames purchased at my favorite place...Target. It separates the office/computer area from my workshop area. On the backside I had a large piece of paneling that holds it all together and makes for a nice bulletin board in the computer area. All the fabric drawers house my stamp sets. I use the other areas to store albums, artwork, design books, catalogs, and order forms. As my collection grows (always) I can add more shelving, cubes as necessary. I also added wheels to the bottom (that lock) so that I can move it out of the way if needed.

This is one of the bins that holds stamp sets. I'm sure if you multiply what you see below by the 13 bins I have, I'm sure you can imagine how many sets I have! If you haven't guessed...there is a purpose to the color. Each colored bin coordinates with the type of stamp set it is. CTMH separates their stamp sets into colors and each one means something. For instance, pink is sentiments, blue is alphabets, etc. The big plus to having Arcylic stamps, is how little space all these stamps sets take up. Can you imagine if they were wood mounted? Yikes, we'd be talking room additions!
This is where I house all my paper. Yes, this is all only CTMH paper! All 60 cardstock colors and current paper packets. I keep it separated by season. In each baggie I keep the 12x12 whole sheets and scraps. Previously I tried to throw all the scraps together in one bin, and that didn't work - I ended up not using them. On top of the cabinet is all my Close to my Heart chipboard die cut elements.
This is my cutting/die cut table. I have my Cricut machine (best invention in the crafting world), my Sizzix machine and dies. I use my Sizzix to cut with my Nestabilities dies. You can see them to the left. I have them hanging in groups on strips of magnets.
I have a wall of cabinets that I use to store all kinds of embellishments, etc. I got them at a cabinet outlet store and was lucky enough to come up with bank of them that fit exactly in the space. I think I paid $264 for all 3 double cabinets. They originally retailed at almost $300 a piece, so I lucked out. Below it I had a countertop installed to use if I needed extra workspace. Underneath the counter I have my rolling carts with punches, tools, etc. in them. This is also where I store my rolling bags that I take to crops. In front of this counter I have two 6 foot tables that I use for workshops. When I am creating...I can fill them up on my own!

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my happy places, too! I love scrapping here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) How awesome! and Il ove that Lori commented that it's her happy place, too :-) I'm curious where did you get that cabinet that you store the paper in? I SO need soemthing like that - was hoping you'd say your favorite place - Target! :-)
    Would love an e-mail telling me where :-)
    Thanks!
    Wendy
    azsmistygirl@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a TERRIFIC crafting space! I love the tray/turntable idea - BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer - you are very well organized. Really like the colored drawer bins that match the color categories for the stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete