Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Recently my family got together to celebrate my great-nephew Freddie's 2nd birthday. I procrastinated about making a card because I figured he was too young to really care if he got a handmade card or not, so I was going to just buy a card at the store (gasp)! On the day of the party I decided I just couldn't buy a card - I had to make one. With 45 minutes until the party began, I started pulling out supplies. Since I was short on time, I needed to put something together fast so I looked at the card on page 88 of the current Close To My Heart catalog/idea book and started with the basis of the sample of that card. I have had this stamp set for a long time and couldn't wait to use it. I think the little boy in the stamp set looks so much like Freddie, who has a head full of curls (when his parents don't have his hair cut short). I customized it with the number 2 and added Happy Birthday to two little flags I created and hung from the number 2. I love how cute it turned out and if I must say so myself, I think it's cuter than the one in the catty. It was so quick and easy too, even with the stitching. I made it to the party on time and thoroughly enjoyed watching Freddie open his gifts. I don't know if little Freddie cared too much about whether his card was made or purchased, but it doesn't matter, it's the love in my heart that I had creating something special for someone who means so much to me...he's one of those in my life who are close to my heart


The birthday boy:


All products are Close To My Heart. 
Stamp set: D1515 Play Day*
Cardstock: Colonial White, Indian Corn Blue, Kraft Paper, 
B&T Paper: Elemental
Ink: Cocoa
Other: Neutral Embroidery Floss, Foam Tape

*DON'T FORGET - Stampaganza is still going on until the end of June, if you buy 2 stamp sets, you can get 1 free (of equal or lesser value).

No comments:

Post a Comment