Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mojo Monday 255




This card just makes me want to say Yee Haw! The style is really out of the box for me and that is what I love about Mojo Monday sketches, they take me out of my comfort zone and help me create one step further than I typically would.

The paper is from Close To My Heart's Dakota paper pack. It's not something I would usually go for, only because if I were to use it for scrapbooking, I wouldn't have any pictures to go with it. The more I thought about it and used it, I fell in love with it and think it goes with any masculine-themed pictures. It will be adorable to use on pages for my boys. I think our burlap ribbon is a perfect fit as a compliment to any project you use this paper on. The patterns of the B&T paper really go well together and made this sketch quite easy to put together. I edged all the papers by distressing them with black ink. I had an afterthought to stitch, but everything was already taped down, so I took a black marker and drew in stitch lines on all the edges. Instead of a scalloped border, like the sketch shows, I made little banners and glued them down under the strip of paper and alternated popping them up, every other one. I was inspired by the Dakota WOTG for the trim that looks like barbed-wire. I used black hemp to mimic the wire and finished the two ends with Durable Round Studs. The saying is from Casual Expressions stamp set and stamped in Pacifica on a shape cut on the Artiste Cricut cartridge.The little star is stamped in Barn Red and cut out by hand.

*All products can be purchased on my website http://clearlycreativepam.ctmh.com/Retail/Category.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment