Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mojo Monday 228



 I was so excited to win last week's Mojo Monday contest! Thank you for all your wonderful comments...it is greatly appreciated. 

This weeks sketch was a lot of fun. Right away I knew I wanted to use the stamp set called Under the Sea from the newest CTMH Idea Book. There are so many cute sea life images so it was difficult to pick which one to use. I also used the Footloose paper packet that is also featured in the Spring/Summer catty. I layered the B&T c.s. and solid colored c.s. from the packet and followed the sketch pretty closely as far as layers and shapes. I stamped the image on the circle so the saying would be in place, then I stamped the fish again on a piece of B&T c.s., then cut it out and popped it up using foam tape (best invention since sliced bread). I colored part of the fish in by dipping a blending pen into the ink. Next I added pearls to look like bubbles. I stamped the phrase "best fishes" using another image from the stamp set. Lastly, I used the stitching ruler as a guide to do the sewing on the layers. I used the white floss from the naturals embroidery floss to sew the edge.

Below is a close up of the stamped images...

Below is the sketch:

*All products are Close To My Heart and have a link embedded so you can just click on the item and it will show you a picture and give you more info. on the product.



1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute card, Pam! I love the pearl "bubbles." :)

    ReplyDelete