Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mojo Monday 226 - February Stamp of the Month


I couldn't wait to try some new product on this week's Mojo Monday. As soon as I saw that the sketch had a flower on it, I knew exactly which stamp set to use. I was inspired by the front cover of Close To My Heart's newest Idea Book, but I did change the flower somewhat. I used just one of the petals from the Just For You stamp set, throughout the whole flower. I cut out the base on the Cricut, using the CTMH Art Philosophy (a must-have) and added all the petals that I had stamped and cut. I did add a piece of foam tape to the outer edges of the petals (see below) to add some dimension. Next I added a Sorbet button from the Red Button Assortment, to which I had threaded with Chocolate Waxy Flax. I placed this on a 6X6 square card base, that I had layered with patterned cardstock from the Stella paper pack. Initially it was difficult to decide which card shape to use based on the sketch. I love the round card, but thought with the size of the flower, I better go with the square base. Julie Tilman (the sketch designer) had suggested 4.25 as the base size, but that wasn't going to work with the size of the flower. Now, back to the paper pack...I LOVE the B&T Duo that looks like a clothing pattern! My head is swirling with ideas on how to use that paper along with some sewing stamps that CTMH has. I also used the zip strip from the paper packet to create the "ribbon" that divides the two patterns of B&T cardstock. I made the leaves using the kissing technique. First I stamped the leaves in Olive and then "kissed" them on one of the petal stamps in the set to give the leaf a patterned look. Next I added a swirl from the Stella Complements Canvas Shapes. It really added a lot of texture to the card. I stamped the message using the February Stamp of the Month (SOTM), titled Thoughtful Tidings. For more details and a picture of this versatile stamp set, see the sidebar. When I was all done, I realized that the card needed to be stitched, so I did a straight stitch around the outside, using my sewing machine. By the looks at the top, I think I need to be more careful at how straight I am sewing!

*All products Close To My Heart. Just For You Acrylic Stamp Set, Stella paper pack, Stella Complements Canvas Shapes, Colonial White, Sunset, Olive C.S., Chocolate & Olive Ink, Red Button Assortment, Chocolate Waxy Flax.

 Here is the sketch:


1 comment: